I had a great chat with Dawn Foster Director Open Source Community Strategy at VMware in the Open Source Program office. Check out this link to learn more about our contributions and the role that VMware plays in the community.
Dawn’s work is focused on something that every software developer and operations team member should be aware of, the health of an upstream open source project. As a team quickly adopts different projects for the stages of Building, Running, and Managing containers it's often easy to pick up a new project. However, it can be difficult to determine the viability, contributors, and project direction without proper health markers. Check out the video below to learn more!
Check out Dawn’s talk on Open Source project health and much more:
- Measuring the Health of Your CNCF Project: Going Beyond Stars and Forks - Dawn Foster, VMware
- Follow Dawn to learn more about OSS efforts.
- Dive into the working group for Project Metrics (CHAOSS Common Metrics Working Group)
- A bit more about the CHAOSS group linked above.
- A chat with our Tanzu Dev Rel team Link