As I have spoken to several of my customers they had questions about the SpringOne tracks and which Sessions to Attend.
What is SpringOne
SpringOne is going free and online in 2020. On September 2 and 3, hear from all your favorite speakers and companies along with a host of new experts, and access exciting new content—all as part of your virtual event experience:
- Catch up on the latest announcements from the Spring and VMware Tanzu product teams.
- Get inspired by hearing real-world success stories from other organizations.
- Surf across five tracks of breakout content, presented live over two days.
- Keep the conversation going on Slack by engaging with speakers and attendees before, during, and after the conference to ask direct questions and build connections.
- Boost your skills with instructor-led and self-paced workshops.
- Take a break from the conference content and clear your mind with yoga, activities, music—and a few surprises!
- Developers, operators, architects, data scientists, and their managers who seek technical sessions ranging from beginner to advanced topics.
- Technical managers or executives looking to educate themselves and transform their teams with the latest tools and methods.
- Enterprise executives, partners, and industry analysts who want special tracks targeted at helping them understand the incredible value of a software-driven business.
SpringOne breakout tracks
The live conference breakouts are grouped into five tracks and will run concurrently across the two days. Choose your own adventure ahead of time; stick with full sessions or surf between interesting topics and catch up with the recordings later. All without the long walks between overflowing breakout rooms!
If you’re just getting started developing with Spring, or want to round out your knowledge of Spring’s capabilities, Expect lots of live coding!
- Why should I use Spring or Spring Boot?
- How do I connect to SQL running on Kubernetes?
- What tools are available for Spring developers?
- What is reactive programming?
- How do I do security and identity in Spring?
- Can I do batch in Spring?
Technical deep dives, coding and demos are the name of the game. It is ideal for expert Spring developers looking to stay on the leading edge and keep their coding chops in tip-top condition.
Topics include: Spring Framework 5.3; Cassandra; events; Spring Batch; GraalVM; docker images and cloud native buildpacks; Reactor; and metrics.
Functions, event-driven architectures, microservices, service mesh, Kubernetes, Spring Cloud, Steeltoe, CI/CD, streaming data. If you’re an application architect designing, building, and implementing architectures using any of these technologies, Expert speakers from VMware, AWS, GM, Confluent, Okta, and Microsoft will share their architectural patterns and advice. See the sessions in this track.
Development meets operations meets automation in this platform-a-palooza track packed full of DevOps, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, and more. If your mission is to make Spring (and other) developers productive and successful, then this track is for you.
Topics include: Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, and service mesh feature in this track, geared to help you deliver your platform as a product.
If you’re responsible for agile processes, team structure, or delivering a technology program, this track has customer stories, industry best practices, and panels to inspire and guide you. Hear from Albertsons, Target, Boeing, T-Mobile, KLM, StateFarm, Tesco, TD Ameritrade, and Morgan Stanley as well as VMware experts, and make a special date with the wide-ranging panel discussions.
Free workshops: Instructor-led or self-paced
Just like the in-person conference (but now even more convenient, and free!) SpringOne will feature a selection of training offerings that you can take alongside the conference. Six instructor-led workshops will give you the opportunity to learn new skills from experts and put them into practice in your own virtualized environment—you just need a browser. Proctors will be available online to help out if you get stuck. To ensure the best experience, workshop space is limited, and on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you prefer to work at your own speed, we’ll also have self-paced workshops that you can take when and where you want.
Also, in partnership with The Justice Collective, we’re offering two workshops focused on social justice in tech that will not only provide a space for learning and meaningful discussion, but will equip you with practical skills and tools to take action.