Trying to decide which sessions to pick? Read on!
What is SpringOne?
SpringOne is going free and online in 2020. On September 2 and 3, hear from all your favorite speakers and companies along with a host of new experts, and access exciting new content—all as part of your virtual event experience:
- Catch up on the latest announcements from the Spring and VMware Tanzu product teams.
- Get inspired by hearing real-world success stories from other organizations.
- Surf across five tracks of breakout content, presented live over two days.
- Keep the conversation going on Slack by engaging with speakers and attendees before, during, and after the conference to ask direct questions and build connections.
- Boost your skills with instructor-led and self-paced workshops.
- Take a break from the conference content and clear your mind with yoga, activities, music—and a few surprises!
SpringOne Session tracks
The live conference breakouts are grouped into five tracks and will run concurrently across the two days. Choose your own adventure ahead of time; stick with full sessions or surf between interesting topics and catch up with the recordings later. All without the long walks between overflowing breakout rooms!
If you’re just getting started developing with Spring, or want to round out your knowledge of Spring’s capabilities, Expect lots of live coding!
- What is Spring? - Glenn Renfro
- Fundamental Spring Boot: Keep it Simple, Get it Right, Be Productive and Have Fun! - Wei Li, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Spring Tools 4 - Bootiful Spring Tooling for the Masses - Martin Lippert
Technical deep dives, coding and demos are the name of the game. It is ideal for expert Spring developers looking to stay on the leading edge and keep their coding chops in tip-top condition.
- Introducing Spring Framework 5.3 - Juergen Hoeller
- Spring Boot Loves K8s - Brian Clozel and Stephane Nicoll
- How to Avoid Common Mistakes when Using Reactor Netty - Violeta Georgieva
- The Path Towards Spring Boot Native Applications - Andy Clement and Sebastien Deleuze
Functions, event-driven architectures, microservices, service mesh, Kubernetes, Spring Cloud, Steeltoe, CI/CD, streaming data. If you’re an application architect designing, building, and implementing architectures using any of these technologies, Expert speakers from VMware, AWS, GM, Confluent, Okta, and Microsoft will share their architectural patterns and advice. See the sessions in this track.
- Bootiful Azure Spring Cloud - Julien Dubois and Josh Long
- Game of Streams: How to Tame & Get the Most from your Messaging Platforms - Mark Heckler
- Unleash The True Power Of Spring Cloud: Learn How To Customize Spring Cloud - Ryan Baxter and Olga Maciaszek-Sharma
Development meets operations meets automation in this platform-a-palooza track packed full of DevOps, Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, and more. If your mission is to make Spring (and other) developers productive and successful, then this track is for you.
- Running Persistent Data in a Multi-Cloud Architecture - Judy Wang and Aditya Tripathi
- Weaving Through the Mesh: Making Sense of Istio and Overlapping Technologies - Cora Iberkleid and Maria Gabriella Brodi
- Driving TAS Enterprise Fitness - Ishaan Khurana, Ford Motor Company
If you’re responsible for agile processes, team structure, or delivering a technology program, this track has customer stories, industry best practices, and panels to inspire and guide you. Hear from Albertsons, Target, Boeing, T-Mobile, KLM, StateFarm, Tesco, TD Ameritrade, and Morgan Stanley as well as VMware experts, and make a special date with the wide-ranging panel discussions.
- Leading Engineers to Water: The Art, Science, and Culture of Technical Coaching - Michael Migliacio (TARGET)
- Software Architecture: A story About Business Value and Tradeoffs - Abel Fresnillo Silva (LOWE’S)
- Transforming AirFrance-KLM’s Payment Application to Cloud Native in Six Weeks - Oya Ünlü Duygulu and Patrick Zijlstra (AirFrance-KLM)